Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, March 30, 2009

Winnifred's, Jerk, Fun Weekend

Winnifred's Beach

Hail crowd of people! This weekend was a good one, why? Well I headed to the beautiful, lush and green parish of Portland. A few coworkers and I planned a small trip to Portland, in particular to Winnifred's Beach. Saturday was a beautiful day, the sun was shining brilliantly, the sky was blue, it wasn't too hot, the wind was blowing gently and the sea was enticing. I had so much fun in the clear, turquoise, crystal water that covered the beautiful white sand. I swam, I played, I splashed, I frolicked and I got a tan.

After all that activity, we all certainly opened up our appetite and the little snacks we brought couldn't fill that void. So it was off the Boston to get some of that famous Boston Jerk. We ordered up some jerk pork, jerk chicken, festivals and some cool, fresh coconut water to wash it down. Let me tell you, that jerk pork was great! It was like the jerk pork I was used to when I was a youth. The pork was tender and juicy, full of flavour and that kind of pepper that makes your eye water and give you that fiery feeling in your esophagus with each swallow. Trust me, this kind of pork wasn't for the faint of heart, it had my mouth and throat on fire, but it was still great.

Boston Jerk Pork

Boston Jerk Chicken

Festivals

After fulling our tummies we settled on the bay, mostly stricken by "nigaritis" and beaten out by the beach most of those on the trip all dosed off in the cool sea breeze. After chilling out and resting up a bit, it was time to leave the natural beauty of the country and head back to the concrete jungle. It seemed short, but as they say, time flies when you are having fun.

11 commented:

Anytime your ready for a partner, holla! Beach, food, sigh, sigh, sigh!

"Stunner's Affliction", the travel channel of the blogosphere.

once again...badmind is active

That new stretch of road is something isn't it!! Vex nuh backside

yow iyah is what kinda pork picha yuh deh tek wid di brand new camera boss. A corrupt I and I wid di babylonian livity.

more fiyah pon dat

Bwoy, dem jerk chicken and festival look nice rasta! I haven't been to portland in a while. I'll email you on details for Winnifred's beach ... I could take my family there this summer.

This greedy boy always showing off food on we eh

the food pics is making me hungry!

I've never hung out in Portland for more than a few hours, you have to invite us! Looks dreamy.

Yow, the last time mi get some jerk from Boston, Portland is bout 2003. Lawd mi miss mi JA.