Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, March 28, 2008

Carnival Weekend... Last Chance for 2K8!

So I saw highlights of last weekend's Beach Jouvert and let me tell you I'm green with envy!!! It looked like it was wild, wild, wild!!! Hot sexy girls, scantily clad, all wet with paint, wining, gyrating and drunk! This year, it seemed they even had on less clothes as there were a couple of girls that were topless, the only thing covering their voluptuous breasts was the paint! Yes, they were wearing only paint and short shorts! It seemed I missed out on a lot of eye-popping fun.

Tonight, as in Friday night is street Jouvert, but I doubt I will make it as my coworker hasn't called to let me know if we making a flex and then Saturday is some water war party. I am working tomorrow night, but I might just make a run since it is close to my office, that should be fun, but I don't think I'll be carrying the camera. You know water and electronics nuh guh well together. But I would love to go and take some photos though. Now, Sunday is the finale, the big day, the road march! I do plan to be there as I want to get some great photos this year. Maybe I can compile a CD with my carnival photos, let's see, "Stunning Carnival 2008" or "Carnival 2008 Stunner Style", hmm...

Well, let's hope that this weekend will turn out fine and no rain falls, as we have been having regular showers these days. So that's the weekend plan. What will you be up to?

Here is a likkle something for you:

Recently, this Jamaican won the 10 million special lottery for a dollar. As soon as the office of the Lottery Corporation was open on the following day, he was there to collect his winnings.

Graciously, he presented his winning ticket to the clerk and in his best English uttered his request 'Me cum fi collect the 10 millian dallars, si me ticket ya'.

After reviewing and checking the ticket with his manager, the clerk returned and requested on how he would like his payments. The Jamaican replied, 'Mi wan all a de money now'.

'Unfortunately, Sir' the nervous clerk responded, 'The procedures are that we can only give you one million now and the balance equally over the next 20 years'.

Furious and agitated, the Jamaican asked for the manager, who re-iterated 'Sir, my assistant is correct, it is the regulation of the corporation that we initially pay you one million dollars now with the balance paid to you equally over the next 20 years'.

Outraged, the Jamaican slammed his hand on the desk and shouted in anger, 'Oonu tek me fi idiat, me wan all a de money now or oonu gi me bak me dallar!!'

8 commented:

Wow! No wonder Jouvert is so popular! As for the Jamaican, I'm sure the lottery company would be happy to oblige!

Seems you really missed out there ma boy. Please take som epics of the men too eh:)

give back the dollar,yes

carnival road march is no fun if the rain nuh fall so stopp whining :P

Stunna,
No one has taken over from my yearly ritual of parking and walking over to Jouvert. Bwoy I hope Canada's Caribana can live up to the hype, but u dun know nuh weh nuh sweeter than yaad.
fred2dread

In the last few years, I have been getting the impression that Carnival ah Yard dead, dead, dead! Of course, it could just be that Carnival in ME is dead! What do you think, Mr. Stunner?

never really felt the urge to go to the road march.. post lots of pics :p

stunner...the pics taking too long o come...look how long road march done! them bombarding me on facebook already...i so vex :(

anyway hurry up

@Leon: With girls like those behaving badly, it sell off!

@Abeni: Yeah, I sure did miss out :(.

@Irie Diva: It certainly seemed to have dampened the spirit! Sending on the pics in waves for this week.

@fred2dread: My yute yuh shoulda deh bout star!

@Mad Bull: I don't think so. the soca sessions are always well supported, it's just the road march that is somewhat lacking, and that's maybe due to the prices of the costumes.

@Adrian: the road march is good for picture taking, the sessions are great for dancing!

@