Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Last week I went to watch The Taking of Pelhan 123. From the preview it looked like an OK movie, something one could watch at the theater, and of course it had Denzel Washington, so hit has to be a decent movie. An actor of the caliber of Denzel is at the least a guarantee that the movie would be decent, right?

The movie actually turned out better than I thought and kept me entertained from the begining to the end. The movie had a nice mixture of action, a decent and a lot of humour, despite the seriousness of the situation. Both John Travolta and Denzel Washington delivered a good performance and played their characters well. Washington played the role of Walter Garber, a NYC subway dispatcher which was recently demoted do to allegations of corruption. Travolta assumed the character of Ryder, a bad ass, wise cracking, train hijacker with a mission and some serious personality issues. The movie also had a good cast of supporting actors which included James Galdolfini of the Sopranos. The only issue I have with the movie is how it ended, it left me a bit disappointed as I was looking for something more that what it delivered. Of course I won't tell you much about the movie, you need to go watch it!

Overall, The Taking of Pelhan 123 was a great movie, and I would recommend it, I give it a Stunner rating of 4 out of 5.

6 commented:

Saw the original version years back, and it was also very good!!

Saw the original years back, and it was also very good!!

they did a good job. Saw the original and thats nice too.

my only beef with the new one was how anyone in the subway would miss an open laptop on the floor streaming video.

Okay Stunner
Everyone's off tomorrow. I just might check it out. If I go in the AM it'll be cheaper too.

Sigh. Times like this I hate how we have no cinema

Of course the movie was good. It hadta be... with Denzel!