Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hollywell

Blue Mountains Jamaica

Last Sunday I made my very first trip to the Hollywell National Park in the Blue Mountains. Despite being born in Jamaica and living here for all of my life, I have never ventured to the cool lush Hollywell National Park. So when one of my fellow photographers invited me to go on a shoot with him up to Hollywell I jumped at this opportunity with no hesitation or reservation! The trip to Hollywell is not for the faint of heart, as the road is very narrow, with several break aways and is frequently patrolled by the huge Catherine's Peak trucks. However the beauty and cool temperature of Hollywell is well worth the adventure. The trip to Hollywell consisted of a few stops along the route do to shoots with the models, one at a small stream and the other at New Castle.

I didn't get to go exploring the tracks of the national park on this trip as we did arrive a bit late and our first half hour was spent in dense fog. However, I did manage to squeeze off a few photos at the spot where we spent our time. This visit however, has prompted my curiosity even more and I do plan to make another trip up there to fully explore its beauty, maybe be even an overnighter. I hope I can get a few models too to go with me so I can get some real creative portraits along with the landscape photos I want to take. After that next trip to Hollywell I am hoping to make that challenging climb to the peak! Here are a few photos I took at New Castle and Hollywell National Park. You can visit my flickr stream for the portraits.


New Castle Jamaica Defence Training Camp

New Castle Jamaica Defence Training Camp

Hollywell National Park


Hollywell National Park


Hollywell National Park


Hollywell National Park

Hollywell National Park


Hollywell National Park

2 commented:

The video reminded me of Munro College...so cold.