Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Spiderman Returns...Again!

The Web swinger is back in the cinemas and so are the throngs of Spiderman Fans, almost 3o Million of them! I too was looking forward to the movie and the trailers I had seen had certainly contributed to my youthful enthusiasm! I had decided that this is not a bootleg watch at home movie (not that I bootleg movies and go home and watch them), but it was one deserving of the big screen money! However, I was not excited to the point where I would bomb rush the Carib 5 the first week much more the first day of the movie, oh no Stunner much more smarter than that. One of my coworkers wasn't so smart and gave in to his anticipation only to be disappointed when he arrived there all gleaming in anticipation only to hear that the movie has been sold out. So I patiently waited until week three of the movie, by that time the movie is still warm and I can get a decent middle row seat, even it I arrive close to the start of the movie.


I wasn't disappointed at all with the movie, I enjoyed every moment of of it! Maybe it's because I do not really go to the movies expecting too much, based on the hype surrounding the movie. I go to see the action, a little story line and a few laughs now and then and Spiderman 3 certainly delivered. In this third instalment of the Spiderman series, Spidey found himself with three villains, one of which came around and actually helped our webbed friend to defeat the other two. Although I kinda find it corny that Mary Jane ends up being the damsel in distress once again, I still didn't mind it at all as the action was still good. Overall I'm satisfied with the movie and didn't regret spending the money for two tickets. Yes two tickets! What do you expect, the Stunner go to a movie by himself? Please! You may have noticed that I haven't given you much of a summary of the movie, well that's because, you should go watch it! [Stunner's Rating: 4 out of 5].

I have noticed something about the releases this summer and I wonder if you have noticed. What is it? Well Spiderman 3, Shrek The Third, 28 Weeks Later, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Hostel Part II, Ocean's Thirteen and Die Hard 4....yes Die Hard 4! What the hell is this Summer of Sequels? Is it that Hollywood is lacking in originality, the are just riding on the success of the original movies or are they just getting plain lazy? Well whatever the reason, we certainly have a lot of following up to do with all these sequels being released this summer! Enjoy yourselves at the movies this summer, part II, part III, part...

9 commented:

I probably wont see this one. I saw the last, and wasn't impressed. It was too low key, or something. And Spiderman seemed too depressed. I don't like my superheros to need Prozac.

Well wifey is dragging me to Pirates so I'll tell you how it goes when she actually gets me into the cinema. Not really a superhero fanatic. I saw Ghost Rider because I use to read the comics but hey maybe I'll go see this one too.

I can easily say I hate all things spiderman. In fact I hate most comic based movies except xmen.

The only movie I'll probably go watch this summer is Pirates of the Caribbean for the same reason scrachie would be going :p

Someone else told me that she liked Spiderman 3 better than 2. I think I might take the risk, maybe, if there's nothing else I really want to see.

as for all the sequels business--it's just like the proliferation of reality tv shows. Why be original when you have a tested and proven money maker?

I haven't even see pirates-Dead man's chest as yet.Coupla time sit wa son tv but just didnt get around to it.Spidey is here too but I'll wait for it on dvd or something

Liked the movie too, however I can't wait till they kill of Kristin Dunst, she is the most blah heroine ever...and agree that everything is a freakin sequel....

I miss the epic drama/love stories. Now love stories come in the category of girly cheese...

It's always the summer of sequels now. The movie makers have lost all originality.

This comment has been removed by the author.

Too much damn sequels if you ask me. Hollywood has obviously run out of ideas. Check out my post on it.