Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rojo for Restaurant Week 2012

Restaurant Week 2012 menu at Rojo Restaurant
The annual week of culinary celebration, restaurant Week Jamaica, has arrived once again promising taste morsels of palette tantalisation at a lower than the regular price. If there is one thing that is welcomed by Jamaicans these days, it is dining out at a lower cost! With this in mind and the promise of well decorated tasty dishes that showcase the best of Jamaica's restaurants many Jamaicans have descended on the participating restaurants.

Rojo Restaurant Spanish Court Menu cover
This year Restaurant week features restaurants in the regular categories Epicurean, Delectable, Savoury, Tasty and Nyam & Scram. This year for the first I dared to head to the top of the chart and decided on sampling a restaurant in the Epicurean category. I selected Rojo Restaurant at the Spanish Court Hotel to do the honours of pleasing my taste buds for my Restaurant Week 2012. But what would Rojo Restaurant have to offer?

Goat Cheese & Olive Tapenade Roll

Feta Cheese And Kalamata Olives Salad

I decided to start off my meal with  the Goat Cheese & Olive Tapenade Roll while my date for the evening had the  Feta Cheese And Kalamata Olives Salad. Both served with garlic buttered bread. They proved to be tasty appetizers and a very good prelude to what was to come.

Herb Crusted Salmon

Grilled Black Angus Filet Mingnon
Complementary Drink Options
After the tasty appetizers it was time to get to the real meat of the matter, the entrées. I opted for the Herb Crusted Salmon and my date chose the Grilled Black Angus Filet Mingnon. The salmon was well seasoned  and succulent and a went down well with the soft sautéed potatoes. The beef, despite being well done, was still soft and juicy and took little effort to consume as it was pleasingly seasoned. Dinner was served with a choice of complementary beverages courtesy of Schweppes and Appleton. Diners have a choice of Spicy Special or Schweet; so I chose the Spicy Special.

Mixed Berries Cream Mousse

Chocolate Mouse Cake
Blue Mountain Coffee curtesy of Café Blue
Now that entrée was quickly consumed it was time to satisfy that sweet tooth with some dessert. I selected the Chocolate Mousse Cake and could not resist the complementary coffee from Café Blue. My date for the evening had the Mixed Berries Cream Mousse which comprised of layers of smooth vanilla cream and cherry compote with almond biscott. Both desserts proved to be a great closing curtain for my dining experience.

The final Rojo Restaurant Week Jamaica 2012 price for dinner for two

L-R: Our server Rochelle Sweeney and Chef Lamarsha Mitchell the person behind the meals
I was pretty satisfied with my Restaurant Week experience this year, as Rojo Restaurant delivered. This Saturday is the last day of Restaurant Week Jamaica so it's not too late to still go out and sample some of the culinary delights and Rojo Restaurant Spanish Court is definitely a good option.

2 commented:

Love love love the review and pictures, makes me want to dine there, thumbs up.

The food looks so tasty! Well done to both the chef and you!