Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Irregular Posting, But Still Around!


Basking, originally uploaded by Stunnerj. A crocodile i spotted on the bank of Black River.

I have been so busy, and somewhat uninspired to blog lately. Being unemployed gets to me sometimes, but my photography and a website I am building has been keeping me occupied. So for now blogging has been placed a bit on the back burner. However, as I said, my photography has been more constant in my life these days. A part of my photography is the monthly Jamaica West Indies Flickr/ Lovers of Photography Flickr group trips that I look forward to every month end.

The latest trip on Sunday January 31 took me to Black River, infamous for it's crocodile population. It was a fruitful trip as we spotted two crocodiles basking in the midday sun at the very beginning of the tour. At first when we saw the crocodiles basking in the same position on either of two concrete walls we thought they were fake as they both laid there motionless with mouths open. But as we got closer were were totally convinced these were the genuine article as we say their eyes move as the watched us cautiously. One finally moved a bit when the boat got closer making us know they were not comfortable with us getting so close, much to our excitement! We spotted several smaller and even larger crocodiles and various birds along the river tour. These poor creatures were subject of several camera clicks, flashes and the attention of a boat load of excited photographers.

Apart from the wildlife and fun boat ride along the Black River, I also enjoyed a wonderful photo shot with a model who one of the photographers brought along. This young lady was beautiful, great facial features, beautiful skin and a banging body! The other big plus was that she knew how to work the camera and was a natural in front of the lens. It made shooting her fun and exciting, not just for me but for the huge throng of amateur photographers present. It was like a super model surrounded by hungry paparazzi seeking the best shot! We were so serious about getting hot photos of her that we literally stopped traffic, including a huge truck, which we ended up turning into a prop for our shoot!

Traffic Blocking originally uploaded by Stunnerj. Our Model striking a pose in front of the truck we stopped!

I am still job hunting and keeping my hopes up, even though it can be depressing at times. But despite the down times, I am glad I have my hobby of photography, photographers like those in the flickr group who make these trips a success and the special persons in my life to keep me going. So have no fear Stunner is still here!!!

7 commented:

I am starting a job search, and hear you on the depressing task it is.

Loved the croc pic....

Hang in there girl and stay positive. Hopefully something will turn up soon. Your pics are wonderful though, so you should try to see if you can submit them to travel magazines. Or try to email the editors at Jamrock magazine or the folks at VP Records to see if they have any assignments for which they need a photographer.

Really hope something comes through for you soon. Pretty girl indeed

the photos are banging as usual

Hopefully something will turn up soon. Your pics are wonderful though, so you should try to see if you can submit them to travel magazines.

Stunner...yuh can't let the system get you down...I like SE's suggestions...soemtimes things happen to move us into the path that God really intended us to be on...Blessings and hope you get a breakthrough soon.