Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ground Zero


We build our houses on it, our roadways, our places of work and worship, and it's there with every step we take. We would like to think it is stable, safe and secure when we set our feet firmly on the ground beneath us. But, this is nothing but a false sense of security, because just as we move to and fro, so does the earth, but often times with a profound effect.

Condolences and sympathy goes out to those in the Caribbean island of Haiti and their families world wide in the wake of the disastrous effects of the 7.0 earthquake that devastated the island on Tuesday January 12, 2010.

6 commented:

You should get a like button.
I Like.

I'm feeling it for Haiti too.

very unfortunate for a country so poor already.

Not sure why this touches me more than the Tsunami in Indonesia but mi feel it fi dem. Just the thought that we were able to feel as they were almost obliterated...it rough but God a still God.

Agreed with Emancipated. I was wondering why it pains me so much more than the Asian tsunami and I conclude it's cos Haiti is right at my backdoor.

Lovely little post StunnerJ

I need to understand Haiti more. It's unclear to me why so poor already. No, I don't begrudge them any aid. But the situation there is an enigma.