Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Restaurant Week 2009 Is Here!

It's that time again, the time for the top restaurants and the well known ones to put out their best and lure diners with not just savory meals, but with a ease of the pockets. however, what we all know as Kingston Restaurant Week (KRW) has expanded this year and has taken the sampling of delicious, discounted meals to the City of Montego Bay and the town of Ocho Rios. This recent expansion has led to the name of this week long event being changed to Restaurant Week (RW) to reflect this broadening of this culinary event.

Restaurant week kicked off on Saturday November 7, 2009 and will run until Saturday November 14, 2009. As usual the restaurants are divided in four categories, based on their price range, namely:

  • Epicurean JM$3500
  • Delectable JM$3000
  • Savory JM$1600
  • Tasty JM$1350
So based on your preference and the strength of your pocket you can choose from the four categories and have yourself a delicious three course meal for a price much lower than normal. There are the usual restaurants as well as new restaurant that have joined on for the event. However, the well sought after Mac;s Chop House is not on the list this year. Nevertheless there are still ample restaurants to choose from, not only in Kingston, but now in Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. For a full listing of the participating restaurants and the category they are in you can visit the Restaurant Week website.

I'm thinking I will be trying out the Savory category once again due to my financial constraints, but I just can't afford to miss out on dining at a reduced cost. Lookout for my review post where you will know which restaurant I visited and my review of my Restaurant Week experience. If you are going to Restaurant week, happy dining!

1 commented:

my only gripe with restaurant week is that there are never enough vegetarian options :(.

I can't try out so many place because of this.