Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 07, 2008

Weekend Recap

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty OK, as I had the entire weekend off. It's a rare occasion when I actually get an entire weekend off so I cherish these moments oh so much! I didn't do much this weekend though. Let me see Saturday I went to the supermarket and found these little packs of hash browns, surprisingly for a reasonable price, and just had to buy one. I had two this morning and they were just as good as the ones you get at the fast food joints! Yeah i know, they are not all that healthy, but I'll eat these only in moderation, and chances are they will last till month end. furthermore I'll be working out at the gym the entire week. Life is too short to deprive myself of the niceties! I also got a hair cut and once again look like a decent young man. On Sunday it was off to worship and then I spent the evening at Helshire and at my friends house where we chilled and chatted all evening. So in a nutshell it was a pretty decent, relaxing weekend.

School reopens today and that means the traffic will be back and raising it's ugly head along the streets of Kingston City! The bad thing is that I'll be working the day shift all week, so I'll suffer along with all the regular day working people. But the traffic will be even worse this morning as last night when I drove through Half Way Tree, I had to be dodging several poles that were protruding from the middle of the road as well as two gigantic holes in the middle of the intersection in Half Way Tree. That is certainly going to slow thing down in the morning traffic!

Folks, it's the first Monday morning of the month, so have a great week. How was your weekend? Good I hope?

Well, here is a little something I got in my email, found it funny. Note this is not PG.

Blind Man Test







A blind Jamaican man walks into a little restaurant and sits down.

The owner walks up to him and hands him a menu.

"Mi blind, sah, an caan se fe read de menu".

Jus bring mi one fork dat one ah yu customah use arreddy, an mi will smell it an order fram it"

A little confused, the owner walks over to the dirty dish pile and picks up a greasy fork. He returns to the man's table and hands it to him.

The blind man puts the fork to his nose and takes in a deep breath. "Ah, yes, dat's what mi will 'ave - rice nd peas wid jerk fish!"

Unbelievable, and after the blind man leaves, the owner walks towards the kitchen and tells his Wife Dawn, the cook, what just happened.

Several days later, the blind man returns, and the owner mistakenly brings him a menu again.

"Sir, remembah mi? Mi ah de blind man."

"I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you. I'll go get you a fork."

The owner gets a dirty fork for the blind man.

After another deep breath, the blind man says, "Dat smells great! Mi will take de jerk chicken an rice wid broccoli."

The owner thinks the blind man is screwing around with him and figures that the next time the man comes in, he's going to test him.

He returns the following week, but this time the owner sees him coming and runs to the kitchen. He tells his wife, "Dawn, rub this fork on your panties." Dawn does it and hands the fork to her husband.

As the blind man walks in and sits down, the owner is ready and waiting.

"Good afternoon, sir, this time I remembered you, and I have your fork ready for you."

The blind man puts the fork to his nose, sniffs, and says, "Rass mon, mi neva know say Dawn wuk yah!"

9 commented:

Starting 2008 with a bang I see. You've been quite busy. Heard that joke already. Still great though.

monday morning going alright so far
actually doing some work
wait, if I'm here I'm not working
okay bye now

Old joke,but always a laugh!RESPECT!!

Quiet weekend I had..I really getting old:)

A man with a good nose eh

Good joke, boss. Glad you had a great weekend.

yup.. the traffic is back :(

I'm guessing you didn't stay at Helshire till the po-po came eh?

@Leon: Well not really with a bang, but just a few activities.

@GC: LOL! Back to work you slacker!

@Esteban Agosto Reid: Glad you liked it!

@Jdid: Thanks, glad you liked it.

@Abeni:LOL, we are all getting old! But you still have a lot more years ahead of you. guess we all need a little quiet time.

@Mad Bull: Thanks, hope you had a great one too.

@Adrian: Yeah, I saw the news on 876radio.com! Good thing I left early before the Helshire Sunday party. But I regret not getting to see Barbee with that big ass!

LOL...very funny indeed!

I had a very quiet weekend, and I really hate that it was over so fast.