Subscribe

Click below subscribe to my RSS


OR



Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Frog, Soup, Depression


I have been hoarse for over two days now, I am talking about really hoarse! Frog in the throat? Hell no, looks more like a cow in my throat! It seems my sinus has gone hay wire again and this time with a vengeance, mucus overload! (sorry to gross you out) So as a result it has affected my throat, leaving me with almost no voice at all. I had to find myself to the doctor who after inspecting me, prescribed some antibiotics and sinus tablets, so I am now on drugs. I am feeling a lot better now, and I am sounding more like I am talking instead of just making faint, croaking sounds. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon, even though I have decided to take the rest of the week off to rest my throat and stay away from the air conditioner.


As they say chicken soup is good for a cold, and so I swung by Juicy Patties to get some Chicken Foot soup and man was I glad I did! the Chicken Foot soup at the Half Way Tree Juicy Patties restaurant is the bomb! I had bought soup there before, but only the cup and I had wished I had bought a bigger one. But this time I made sure I bought myself at least the small soup, which went well with a beef patty. So if you are in the Half Way Tree area and feel for soup, you can check out the Juicy Patties restaurant.

Well by now most of us have accepted the fact that we are in a global recession, so I have a little quiz for you to see how well you would survive if things get worse and we have a depression. I took it and here is my result, I guess i have some chance, yes? Go ahead, what's yours?




You Are 52% Likely to Survive Another Great Depression



Even though you may not be expecting the worst, you're the type of person who prepares for the worst.

You live a relatively modest life. You don't overspend, and you aren't very materialistic.



You are also quite self sufficient and independent. You have many useful skills.

You can take care of yourself and those you love... which is crucial to surviving another Great Depression.

13 commented:

air conditioners are evil & unnatural especially for the climate you live in. gargle w/warm salt water that should help your sore throat. buy ginger & let ginger root simmer in water for 20 minutes & let sit for 2 hours then drink. ginger is a natural antihistamine which should help the mucus. say no to all the whites. sugar, flour(bread), rice, dairy & white peop...oh never mind. these things also create mucus.
feel better.

I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes you just have to do the druggie thing to get rid of a Frog!

it's that time of the year dor my allergies as well.

re: the soup...I know it...mad!..I usually buy there on a Saturday when at the Area 51 video game arcade around the corner.

That soup looks awesome. I hope you get better quickly.

I totally heart Island Grill Chicken Soup, but you do know that there are no medical associations with soup and sickness...right? Just state of mind. Hushies that your voice gone. I've never been so lucky to get hoarse, anytime at all. Maybe you scream too much..LOL, or you talk with a high pitched voice, who knows. Get some halls or vicks.
As for that test thing...why would i want to depress myself anymore?

Hope you get better soon. Soup looks great.

I did the survive great depression test and it was depressing. The results are as follows (edited):

You Are 29% Likely to Survive Another Great Depression .....

Your habits are pretty on par with the average person.
Unfortunately, this means your chances aren't good in another Great Depression.

:( Looks like I might have to learn how to make fire, plant food and hunt

Mi so sure I will survie it that I nah tek no quiz. After all is depression mi living it right now

I hope you feel better soon. Avoid all dairy if you can. If its available over the counter, try Nasonex.

You should tell Audley Shaw about the test; he might be able to better forecast Jamaica's economic situation.

Sorry man. I agree. Juici Beef soup is the best when you have a cold. The soup at the Transport Center is too bad either.

stop advertising for that nasty ol place...thier patties disgust me and their soup is touch and go...somedays it good somedays so-so

hmph

taste ftw

and tami island grill doesnt serve soup they serve broth you false ad-ing too

Soap and some faith in your self can move mountains. Don't forget the chocolate eat it with a sting of chilli That can do miracle.;)

I have send you an e-mail Pleas look into it it is important. :)

I took the test, scored a 58, am glad I can light a fire and read by candlelight, but now I'm thinking that the two lil dull machette me and mi husband have bout di place might need sharpening; for more reaseons than one.

Good lord man - Chicken foot soup! Eeekkkk... (although it does look good)

I'm 46% likely to survive a depression. Oh well!